Keep that EHIC card up your sleeve!

So you’ve retired here from Widnes or Worthing and you’re living – partly – on a UK old age pension. That entitles you, you know, to get medical treatment when visiting Britain or any other EU state. All you need to do is flash your French CEAM or carte européenne d’assurance maladie. Wrong! As from now, you have to show the British version, EHIC or European Health Insurance Card.

To find out how to get this call +44 191 218 1999 (09h00-17h00 UK time). See